Notos Day Tour is an all-day pure Santorini experience that you can’t miss!
Joining this tour and you will:
- Discover Akrotiri’s ancient village, the most important archaeological site of Santorini.
- Walk by the streets of Megalochori, a traditional village at the interior of the island.
- Enjoy the beauty of the black beach at Perissa-Perivolos while having lunch nearby the sea waves.
- Discover the wine heritage of the island as we will visit the Wine Museum of Koutsoyannopoulos Winery.
- Take photos of the amazing Caldera landscapes at the most famous village of Santorini, the village of Oia, while walking by the alleys of the village and later on watching the most beautiful sunset of Greece.
- Embark on a tour that will take you only to the best of Santorini!
1.Discover the Excavated Ancient Village of Akrotiri
The ancient village of Akrotiri is considered to be one of the most important archaeological sites in Greece. This prehistoric town was built around 2.000 BC (4000 years ago our era), was destroyed by the Theran eruption around 1.610 BC.
The fact that the town was buried under the volcanic ass helped preserve the remains of fine frescoes and many objects and artworks almost intact.
We will be able to walk at the same town streets the ancient greeks have been walking 4.000 ago and get to know the details of their lifestyle.
2.Walkthrough The Traditional Megalochori Village
This authentic village is truly a hidden gem of Santorini.
Imagine being able to see the traditional vineyards, the lava-stoned streets, the renovated and abandoned houses after the earthquake of 1956, the colorful and unique house doors, the traditional cave houses, and the authentic kafenio or restaurants nearby the main street of the village or its square.
Megalochori village itself has a nice mixture of cream and white Cycladic houses with contrasting colorful doors and a fair few white churches with bright blue domes.
3.Swim and Have Lunch at Perissa-Perivolos Beach
Time for lunch by the sea and free time at the black beach of Perissa and Perivolos.
This beach is the most popular on Santorini featuring unique characteristics like the black sand, the crystalline waters, and various beach facilities.
When people talk about Santorini’s “Black Beach”, this place on the southeast coast of the island is usually what they mean, despite the fact that most of the island’s beaches are also black.
4.Discover the wine heritage of the island at the “Wine Museum-Koutsoyannopoulos” Winery
The Koutsoyannopoulos Wine Museum has everything a visitor would want to know about winemaking in the unique island of Santorini. By watching the historical exhibits of the winery you will be able to get a glimpse of what life was like as a winemaker here.
This one-of-a-kind museum happens to be nestled in a cave and because of its unique position, this natural labyrinth is eight meters below ground and 300 meters long. It took to the Koutsoyanoppoulos family twenty-one years of hard work, patience, and perseverance to complete the wine museum in this remarkable location, but it was all worth it.
5.Enjoy the most beautiful Sunset at Oia Village
Who would not like to visit the most famous and instagrammable village of Santorini?
Oia is the perfect place for enjoying the most beautiful sunset of Greece and one of the most beautiful ones all over the earth where all visitors and locals gather in streets, stairs, and rooftops to watch it.
Not to mention the famous churches with their blue domes hanging literally at the cliffs of Oia village.
You will be walking at the picturesque streets of Oia while getting lost at the alleys of it.
Our tour will end after we will have watched the sunset.
- Transportation from / to Meeting Points
- English-Speaking Assistant
- Guided Tour in Akrotiri Excavations with Licensed English-Speaking Guide
- Akrotiri entrance fees
- Wine Museum-Koutsoyannopoulos Winery Entrance Fees
- Wine Tasting (6 wines)
Children Price Policy:
From 0 to 2 years old FREE of Charge
From 3 to 12 years old 50% discount on the adult price
- Cancellation 48 hrs before tour 100 % refund
- 24 hrs before tour 50% refund
- On the day of the tour no refund